Saturday, November 6, 2010


My Home
Hi! I'm Diego and I'm 12 years old. I live in Bolivia where sadly home to me is a jail cell. I won't have a real home till I'm 24 years old.The reason my home is a jail cell is because my mom and dad got framed for using cocaine!So at 12 years old I live in the San Sebastien Women's Prison in Cochabamba, Bolivia with my mom and little sister Korena. My dad lives in the Men's Prison a little while away from here. I miss him immensly and don't see him as much as I want to, so I make an effort to visit him as often as i can. Our cell is very small as you an see and has only 1 bed and not much space at all to move, but luckily I am free to go wherever I want(school, village...etc) and don't have to stay in the cell all day long. Some of the women is the prison are crazy, so my mother gets worried from time to time for the safety of her kids. One time, one of the ladies had Korena in her arms and was shaking her and yelling.Luckily the guard took her away fast, though my mother was scared and furious with that women and me too for not watching her closely. The cell is very expensive so we have I have to pay the rent since my mother can't go out of the cell. To pay the rent I work as a "taxi" doing errands for the women at the prison, and I get paid doing extra homework for some of the kids at school! Well I think my mom wants me to take Korena out to the park so that she can have some time to herself. Adios! (Adios means goodbye in Spanish, the main language spoken in Bolivia)
Anna:P

No comments:

Post a Comment